Monday, July 4, 2011

Encaustics--A versatile medium of art!

Painting: The Forbidden Fruit (Encaustics)

Hi all,
I am indeed glad to have made a blog ( though I plan to have a personalized webpage for arts in future) through which I can share my journey of art with you. Some months ago, I had the opportunity to attend a workshop on encaustic hosted by artist Ursula Brenner (). I t was the first time I realized that one could actually PAINT using wax! Till now, I knew about candle making using wax, but after I explored the beauty of encaustics, I was overwhelmed with joy and was happy to learn some techniques which were demonstrated by the famous artist. I share with you some of the paintings I completed myself using amazing medium of Encaustics.

P.S. The painting of evening landscape was done using paper and transparent wax. No color was used!

No comments:

Post a Comment