Monday, July 4, 2011

FELL FOR PASTEL!

Well, as the title goes, I have to acknowledge, discovering pastel colors and painting using them has been one of the merriest things I could indulge on earth!
As a matter of fact, I discovered pastels myself but little did I know the sheer vibrancy, luminosity and potential of this medium, which is also a favorite medium for plein air artist as well.

Coincidentally, and quite humorously though, I do not own a studio of my own, but I have been able to chalk out a small space for painting in my "Studio" apartment! :) As I began painting, I thought of clicking pictures of my work in progress and so I would like to share with you the steps of my painting as it took shape!
I am really grateful for the great Plaza Art Supplies store in Clifton, Cincinnati, from which I buy most of my art supplies and which is a couple of blocks away from my place!

I would like to share two of my pastel paintings here. Please read my blog posts following this as I shall be demonstrating steps of pastel paintings in progress for some of my paintings!!


(This one I painted from a model :)as in I arranged the colorful empty wine bottles and painted form them)

1 comment:

  1. love the oils...beautiful.. woh ekdum side wala cherry hey naa.. usko dekhkhe seriusly cherries khane ka maan kar raha hey.. :) the touch of white of glare..is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete